Part of Purdue University Global,* Open College at Purdue Global (Open College) provides access to free and low-cost open resources to support students with prior college-level learning during every step of their educational journey. This unconventional approach to education removes traditional barriers to college credit by placing learners in an open environment, which encourages independent and critical thinking. Open College encourages learners to take control of their education in a supportive, online environment by allowing them to
- Organize previous work and life experiences that can be evaluated for college credit**
- Enroll in free and low-cost open courses
- Earn college credit through Purdue University Global or outside courses and completing assessments
- Complete a bachelor’s degree based on an individualized learning plan
All Open College activities are self-paced and may include interactions with advisors or live instructors, where appropriate. Our learning platform is designed to help students and faculty share information and knowledge in an exciting, interactive, and highly participatory manner that is aligned with best-in-class instructional practices. This allows for learner–instructor interaction with live feedback tools in an online “hangout” format, which can be used to engage participants from across the country or around the world.
For more information call 1-855-791-7106 or email OpenCollegeAdvising@purdueglobal.edu.
* Purdue University Global is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). For more information, visit their website at hlcommission.org.
** See University Catalog for Prior Learning Assessment policy.